Local Leader Interviews

Click here for a list of all the interviews with #localleaders.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Parks And Rec Wins With A Royal Flush

I hope you can tolerate the mild potty humor in the Title but I couldn't resist a little levity in a report on the new bathrooms at the King George Citizens Center. And if you've ever met Tim Smith, Director of Parks & Recreation, you know he always has a positive attitude and a good sense of humor. So when I asked to tour his bathroom, we both had a good laugh.


But to get a little more serious, the newly remodeled and expanded bathrooms are quite nice. Smith said that instead of expanding them into the existing offices at either end, they opted to extend the wall into the existing hallway in the front entry. By moving the wall six feet out, there was more room inside the bathrooms but it was also cheaper.


As for the bathrooms themselves, I decided to only tour the Men's Room to avoid any awkward encounters. Without going into details, I might have failed. But the new bathrooms are quite nice inside. Men will have two urinals and three stalls while the women will have five stalls. Although I probably haven't used the bathrooms since the Homecoming dance of 1993, Smith made it clear the old bathrooms were small and cramped.


In addition to the bathroom remodel, Smith also showed me the kitchen which sported a new look as well as a new range courtesy of Love Thy Neighbor. I think what probably impressed me the most out of my tour though wasn't the new toilets or stove, but rather the staff. Everyone was in a great mood and had a smile on their face. It was nice to feel welcome and that will stick with me longer than the fancy bathrooms.

One final note, I did not take photos inside the new bathrooms. I didn't want to ruin the surprise the next time you visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment